Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Python: Behavioral Driven Development for Telephone Applications Using Lettuce, Flask, and Twilio

I'm going to be giving a talk tomorrow night at BayPiggies called "Behavioral Driven Development for Telephone Applications Using Lettuce, Flask, and Twilio". Here's the description:
Behavioral driven development is a style of programming popular in the Ruby world using tools such as Cucumber and Webrat. In this talk, I'll show how the same tricks can be used in Python too, using a library called Lettuce. I'll also show off Flask which is a new micro web framework. Last of all, I'll cover Twilio which is an API that makes it easy to build telephone-based applications using web technologies.
I'm going to be showing code samples from my demo application PyTeladventure. If you can't make it to the talk, you might way to have a peek at the code.

1 comment:

Shannon -jj Behrens said...

I posted the outline for my talk: https://github.com/jjinux/pyteladventure/raw/master/pybdd_talk.txt