Friday, May 02, 2014

Best Practices for Software Engineers

I'm going to be giving my talk "Best Practices for Software Engineers" at two different user groups in May:

Here's the abstract:

Being a software engineer requires a lot more than knowing how to write good code.

This class covers a wide variety of topics such as making code reviews useful and effective, how to deal with team conflicts, networking in real life, and planning for your career. The goal is to help you not only be a solid asset for your team, but also to be the type of software engineer that others really enjoy working with.

I hope to see some of you there!

3 comments:

Shawn W. said...

I don't live in the Bay Area. Will either of these be recorded and posted online somewhere?

Shannon Behrens said...

Shawn, hopefully. I'll also post my slides.

Shannon Behrens said...

Slides: bit.ly/best_practices_baypiggies

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzQmQDIii14